Mobile: Messages Overview
What Are Messages
Messages are in-app secure communication tool. Here's what important to know about them:
- A message can be created either by you or by your accountant. You can use Messages when you need to ask something of your accountant. Beyond that, your accountant can ask you to provide any information that they need.
- Both you and your accountant can attach files to the messages.
- The preparer receives a notification that a question is pending and then answers the message and/or uploads the requested files.
- All messages and files regarding each message are stored in one place and can be reviewed at any time.
- Once the accountant has received all of the required info, they can mark a thread as resolved.
Creating a Message
If you have questions to your accountant. you can write a message to them. Here's how:
1. Tap the burger icon at the top left, select Messages, then tap NEW MESSAGE.
2. Write a title and add a message to further explain your question. You can use different fonts, apply formatting, add bullets or numbered lists to the message.
3. Tap SEND. Your preparer will receive an email informing them that a question is pending.
Viewing a Message
Once you have a new message, you will see a notification in the main menu. To get there from your Home screen, tap the burger icon at the top left, then select Messages.
You will always get a push notification when the accountant sends you a message or asks you for additional information. Tap the notification to view your message immediately.
All messages are divided into either In progress or Resolved. The In progress messages are the ones that still require additional information from you. Once the accountant gets the answer they need they will mark the message as resolved.
The following info is available on the Messages tab:
- Title. The message title that was provided during its creation.
- Year. The year to which the message applies
To see the date created and the name of the person who've created a message, tap the three dots icon next to the message's name, then select More Info.
Sorting the Messages List
Sometimes, it is handy to sort the messages list so that you can easily find the right one. You may sort the list by title or by year. Tap the table's header at the top of the appropriate row to sort the list.