How to Approve Firm Prepared Documents
What is Document Approval?
Once you have paid your invoice, you will be able to download the documents that have been prepared by your accountant. To make sure that you are satisfied with their work and to make corrections easier, you can review and approve firm-prepared documents. If you are not satisfied, you can indicate the reason.
If you have documents that are awaiting approval, you will see a notification on your Dashboard. Click the notification to navigate to the document.
All documents that are awaiting your approval, are being displayed in the Documents section under the Pending Approval subsection.
The following information about the pending document is available here:
- NAME. This is the document’s title. You can see the file type icon next to the title.
- DATE UPLOADED. The date that the document was uploaded.
- UPLOADED BY. The name of the accountant who uploaded the file.
- DESCRIPTION. Description of the document, added by the accountant when they uploaded the file to the system.
- STATUS. The status of the document. This could be one of the following:
- Pending Approval: documents that are awaiting your approval
- Approved: documents that have your approval
- Disapproves: documents that were rejected by you
To review and approve a document, click on the document title, then review the contents of the file in the built-in document viewer. If approval was requested for a document that was locked by an invoice, you will need to pay that invoice first.
Approving Firm Prepared Documents
If you are satisfied with the prepared document, click on the green I Approve button, then click Approve in the confirmation window.
Rejecting Firm Prepared Documents
If you are not satisfied with the prepared document:
- Click on the red I Disapprove button, then indicate the reason for rejection.
- If you have any additional reasons, click Add another reason. Otherwise, click Submit.