How to Approve Firm Prepared Documents
What is Document Approval?
Once you have paid your bill, you will be able to download the documents that have been prepared by your accountant. To make sure that you are satisfied with their work and to make corrections easier, you can review and approve firm prepared documents directly on TaxDome. If you are not satisfied, you can indicate the reason.
If you have documents that are awaiting approval, you will see a notification on your Dashboard. Click the notification to navigate to the document.
All documents that are awaiting your approval, are be displayed in the Documents section under the Pending Approval subsection.
The following information about the pending document is available here:
- NAME. This is the document’s title. You can see the file type icon next to the title.
- DATE UPLOADED. The date that the document was uploaded.
- UPLOADED BY. The name of the accountant who uploaded the file.
- DESCRIPTION. Description of the document, added by the accountant when they uploaded the file to the system.
To review and approve a document, click on the document title or the Approve/Disapprove button, then review the contents of the file in the built-in document viewer. If the approval was requested for a document that was locked by a bill, you will need to settle that bill first.
Approving Firm Prepared Documents
If you are satisfied with the prepared document, click on the green I APPROVE changes requested button, then click APPROVE in the confirmation window.
Rejecting Firm Prepared Documents
If you are not satisfied with the prepared document:
- Click on the red I Disapprove changes requested button, then indicate the reason for rejection.
- If you have any additional reasons, click Add another reason. Otherwise, click SUBMIT.