How to Approve Firm Prepared Documents
- What is Document Approval?
- Approving Firm Prepared Documents
- Rejecting Firm Prepared Documents
- Reviewing Approved/Rejected Documents
What is Document Approval?
Once you have paid your bill, you will be able to download the documents that have been prepared by your accountant. To make sure that you are satisfied with their work and to make corrections easier, you can review and approve firm prepared documents directly on TaxDome. If you are not satisfied, you can indicate the reason.
If you have documents that are awaiting approval, they will be displayed in the Documents section under the Pending Approval subsection.
The following information about the pending document is available here:
- NAME. This is the document’s title. You can see the file type icon next to the title. The documents are grouped by year.
- TAX YEAR. The Tax Year to which the document belongs.
- DATE UPLOADED. The date that the document was uploaded.
- UPLOADED BY. The name of the accountant who uploaded the file.
- DESCRIPTION. Description of the document, added by the accountant when they uploaded the file to the system.
To review and approve a document, click on the document title or the Approve/Disapprove button, then review the contents of the file in the built-in document viewer. If the approval was requested for a document that was locked by a bill, you will need to settle that bill first.
Approving Firm Prepared Documents
If you are satisfied with the prepared document, click on the green I APPROVE changes requested button, then click APPROVE in the confirmation window.
Rejecting Firm Prepared Documents
If you are not satisfied with the prepared document:
- Click on the red I Disapprove changes requested button, then indicate the reason for rejection.
- If you have any additional reasons, click Add another reason. Otherwise, click SUBMIT.
Reviewing Approved/Rejected Documents
You can also access any documents that are pending approval in the Documents section's Firm Prepared Documents subsection. The approved and rejected documents are marked in green and red, respectively. The ones that are pending approval have an Approve/Disapprove button next to it.