Completing an Organizer
Your documents cannot be prepared without your accountant obtaining some essential information from you. An organizer is an easy way to provide that info to your accountant. Your accountant creates custom question sets specifically for your situation.
Creating an Organizer
An organizer can be created either by you or by your accountant.
You can also create an organizer based on one of the templates created by your firm. Go to the Organizers tab, click NEW ORGANIZER button, select a template from the list, then click CREATE. You can now begin answering the questions provided.
Inputting Information Into Organizer
Once you have a pending organizer (either created by you or by your firm), you will see a notification in the main menu. You will also receive an email notification when an organizer is sent to you to complete. You will also see a notification on your Dashboard.
In the Organizers tab, you can see the organizers waiting for you.
All changes made to the organizer are automatically saved. Your answers are saved after every field change, so you can close the Organizers section & resume the questions on another day or on another computer without losing any info you have already entered. You can also edit the information that you have already entered as many times as you'd like.
To continue working on an Organizer that you have already started, or to make changes to the information that you’ve already entered, navigate to Organizers section, then click the organizer's title.
While completing your Organizer you may be be asked to upload documents that are needed for tax preparation (e.g. Form W2, 1099-MISC, 1099-K, Canadian T-1, 1099-SA etc).
You can upload files from your computer or add files that have been uploaded to TaxDome previously.
To add files from TaxDome, click Upload Files, then From TaxDome, then select the folder and click on the file name. All the files from Client uploaded documents folder are available here.
To upload files from your computer:
1. Click Upload Files, then From my computer, then click the ADD DOCUMENTS button and locate on your computer the files you wish to upload:
- To add several files from one folder, select multiple files from that one folder by holding down the Ctrl key while selecting the files.
- To add files from another folder, simply click on the ADD DOCUMENTS button again.
- To add all files from a folder, click on the ADD FOLDER button.
2. Select the folder to which the document will be uploaded.
3. Add an optional text description (up to 150 characters).
4. Click Upload to add the document to the system. The file is saved to Client uploaded documents folder.
Once you’ve answered all the questions in your Organizer, you can submit it for review. Click the SUBMIT button. Submitting the Organizer will let your accountant know that the questions have been answered and that it's time for them to be reviewed. They will check it to make sure it contains all of the information they need in order to start working on your documents.
Your accountant have the option to seal some of your organizers. It means that you will not be able to make changes to it. If an organizer is sealed, it will be marked accordingly.