Paying Recurring Invoice
If the firm does the same services for you on a regular basis (e.g. payroll or bookkeeping), they can use the recurring invoices for automating the invoicing. They can offer you a "subscription" when money is withdrawn automatically from your bank account at regular intervals.
So, unlike the one-time invoices that you should pay every month, recurring ones will be automatically paid after the first payment authorization, with no further action needed from your side.
- How to Sign Recurring Invoices
- Where to Find Your Recurring Invoices
How to Sign Recurring Invoices
To review and sign a recurring invoice, follow these steps:
1. Click the notification on a new recurrent invoice on your Home page.
2. Review the recurring invoice summary and details, then click Next.
3. Select the payment method, enter your bank account or card details, then click Save.
4. When the payment details are specified, sign the recurring invoice, check the agreement box, and click Accept recurring invoice.
Once done, the card/account will be charged automatically in accordance with a schedule inlined in the recurring invoice.
Where to Find Your Recurring Invoices
Once you have a recurring invoice that should be accepted and signed, you’ll see a notification in your main menu and on your dashboard.
When you go to the Recurring Invoices tab of the Invoices page from the left menu bar, you’ll find all your recurring invoices.
You’ll also see this information:
- NAME: This is what the recurrent invoice is for.
- STATUS: The status tags help you manage and organize your recurring invoices. They can be the one of following:
- Active: Your action is not needed. Your subscription is active, invoices will be sent to you according to the agreed schedule.
- Pending: Your action is needed. The recurring invoice is not signed, you need to review and accept it.
- Overdue: Your action is needed. One or more invoices are not paid on time. You need to update your payment details to proceed.
- NEXT PAYMENT: This is the date or time when the next invoice will be issued according to the agreed schedule.
- EXPIRES: This is the date of the last scheduled invoice according to the agreed schedule.
If you want to sort your recurring invoice list to find specific ones, click on the up-down arrows next to the NAME, NEXT PAYMENT, or EXPIRES column header.
Recurring Invoices That Require Your Actions
Some recurring invoices require your actions, and some don’t. You can always find out if there are any issues by looking at the column to the right of the EXPIRES column.
For example, if the recurring invoice requires your action (e.g., an unaccepted recurring invoice or your bank requires you to pass 3d secure verification for payment to go through), the attention icon with a description will be shown.
- Accept and sign - you are expected to enter your payment details and sign the invoice
- Update payment details - the payment details entered are not valid. Thus, the invoices sent according to the agreed schedule could not be paid. Please review and update your payment method.
If there are no actions required, the icon does not appear.
Feel free to learn more about managing overdue invoices.