Managing the Messages
- Communicating With the Accountant
- Uploading the Requested Files
- Deleting Documents
- Viewing Documents
- Downloading Documents
To access your messages, go to the Messages tab.
All unseen messages are marked as "new" or "more info", so that you can always see which ones require your attention. To view a message and answer it, click on its title or on the RESPOND button. Here you can:
- Communicate with the accountant by typing in the message field. Click the SEND button to save your message.
- View or download files uploaded by your accountant.
- Upload, view, download, or delete files that you have uploaded.
Communicating With the Accountant
Carefully read the message from the accountant, then type your answer in the message field. Click the SEND button to save your message.
Uploading the Requested Files
Within a message, your preparer can ask you to upload documents that are needed for tax preparation (e.g. Form W2, 1099-MISC, 1099-K, 1099-SA etc.). The maximum upload file size allowed is 100 MB.
You can upload files from your computer or add files that have been uploaded to TaxDome before.
To add files that are already uploaded to Your Documents section, click on UPLOAD FILE button, select From TaxDome, then select the year and click the file name. All the files from the Your Documents section are available here.
To upload files from your computer:
1. Click on UPLOAD FILE, select From my computer, then click the + ADD DOCUMENTS button and locate the files you wish to upload on your computer:
- To add several files from one folder, select multiple files from one folder by holding down the Ctrl key while selecting the files.
- To add files from another folder, simply click on the + ADD DOCUMENTS button again.
- To add all files from a folder, click on the + ADD FOLDER button.
2. Select the year to which the document belongs.
3. Add an optional text description (up to 150 characters).
4. Select the folder to which the document will be uploaded. If a folder is not selected, the document will be saved to the selected year's folder.
5. Click UPLOAD to add the document to the system.
If you have uploaded the wrong document, you can easily remove it from the system by clicking the x icon located next to the file name.
You can view any of the files that have been uploaded to the messages by either you or your accountant. Simply click on Firm Uploaded Files or Client Uploaded Documents to expand the file list, then click on the eye icon to open the document viewer. Click on Close to return to the messages screen.
You can download any files that have been uploaded to the messages by you or by your accountant.
To download a file onto your computer or device:
1. Click on Firm Uploaded Files or Client Uploaded Documents to expand the files list, then click on the download icon.
2. If prompted, choose where you would like to save the file, then click Save.
3. When the download finishes, you will usually see it appear at the bottom of your browser window. Click on the file name to open the downloaded document (Please see How to Specify Where Files Are Downloaded for more information).