What Are Messages
Messages are in-app secure communication tool. Here's what important to know about them:
- A message can be created either by you or by your accountant. You can use Messages when you need to ask something of your accountant. Beyond that, your accountant can ask you to provide any information that they need.
- Both you and your accountant can attach files to the messages.
- The preparer receives a notification that a question is pending and then answers it and/or uploads the required files.
- All messages and files regarding each message are stored in one place and can be reviewed at any time.
- Once the accountant has received all of the required info, they can mark a thread as resolved.
Creating a Message
If you have questions to your accountant. you can write a message to them. Here's how:
1. Go to the Messages section, then click on NEW MESSAGE button.
2. Write a title and add a message to further explain your question. You can use different fonts, apply formatting, add bullets or numbered lists to the message.
3. Click on SEND. Your preparer will receive an email informing them that a question is pending.
Viewing a Message
Once you have a new message, you will see a notification in the main menu. All messages that are pending your answer are displayed on your dashboard.
Remember, you will always get an email notification when the accountant sends you a message or asks you for additional information. Click the link in the message to view and reply to the message.
To access your messages, go to the Messages tab.
All messages are divided into either In progress or Resolved. The In progress messages are the ones that still require additional information from you. Once the accountant gets the answer they need they will mark the message as resolved.
The following info is available on the Messages tab:
- Number. The message number in the system.
- Title. The message title that was provided during its creation.
- Year. The year to which the message applies
- Date created. The date that the message was added.
- Created by. The name of the person who created the message
- Last response. The date/time of the last response to the message.
- Responded by. The author of the last response.
Sorting the Messages List
Sometimes, it is handy to sort the messages list so that you can easily find the right one. You may sort the list by message title, year it refers to, date created, the name of the person who've created it, or by last response. Click the arrow icon next to the appropriate row to sort the list.