Managing Your Information
- Accessing Your Profile
- Adding/Updating Personal Details
- Uploading Your Photo
- Resetting Your Password
- Changing Your Email
- Adding Information About a Family Member
Accessing Your Profile
Once you have registered at TaxDome as a client, you can add your personal information to the system. This will help your preparer handle your case with accuracy and avoid potential issues.
To add/update information about yourself, follow these steps:
1. Log In to the system.
2. Navigate to Settings.
Adding/Updating Personal Details
Personal details are usually entered during registration, but you can update or expand them at any time.
1. Click the Edit personal details icon, then type in the missing details, such as your street address or phone number. Once you have entered a valid zip code, the city and state are automatically populated by the system. You can update any existing info as well.
2. Click on SAVE CHANGES.
Uploading Your Photo
To make it easier for your tax preparer to identify you, you may upload your photo by following these steps:
1. Click the Edit personal details icon, then click on Upload Photo to add an image of yourself,
2. Locate the image that you would like to upload, then crop your photo to make it look better.
3. Click on SAVE CHANGES.
To update a photo, click the Upload new link, then upload the new photo as described above.
Resetting Your Password
Your password is usually created during registration, but if you want to change it you can do so at any time.
1. Click on the Profile Access icon, then click the Reset Password link.
2. Locate the confirmation email in your Inbox and click on the RESET YOUR PASSWORD link in the message. Please note that the link will expire after 20 minutes.
Changing Your Email
You may also change the email that you use to communicate with us. To do so, you must first add an additional user to your client profile. You can remove your current user afterwards.
1. Navigate to Settings section.
2. Type in the new email address.
3. If you want, add notes to describe the additional user profile (for example, you can write My corporate email). If not, leave this blank.
4. Click on SAVE.
Once the new user account has been created, the system will send an activation request. In order to activate your new email address, please accept the request and create a password. The new account will be automatically linked with your existing profile. That way, you will now have two separate login credentials for accessing the same account.
You can now remove your old email. Simply click on the Profile Access icon, click on the REMOVE link under the user details section, then click SAVE.
Your client account will remain intact, but you will now access it with your new email as the login.
Adding Information About a Family Member
To add a family member:
- Navigate to the Settings section.
- Click on the ADD FAMILY MEMBER button, then choose a relationship to you from the list (Spouse, Dependent, or Other).
- Add family member's name and date of birth.
- If there is something important to note about the family member, you can add the info as a note.
- Click SAVE add the info about the family member.