Mobile: Managing Your Documents
- Your Documents Section - Overview
- Uploading a Document
- Uploading a Zip Archive
- Previewing Documents
- Downloading a Document
- Deleting a Document
- Editing a Document
- Searching a Document
- Filtering Documents
- Sorting the List of Documents
Your Documents Section - Overview
Any files you have uploaded are stored in the Documents section under the Your Documents subsection. To get there from your Home screen, tap the burger icon at the top left, then tap Documents.
Here you can see all your documents sorted by folders by year. There is also an Unsorted folder. You can create YEAR folders. You can upload your files inside of any year or Unsorted folder. You cannot create folders inside the top-level silo that are NOT a year or unsorted (see example below).
To see the documents stored inside a folder, tap on the folder's name.
The following information is available about each document:
- Name. The document's title. You can see the file type icon next to the title.
- Uploaded. The date on which the document was uploaded.
- Description. A description is optional. You can add a description when you are uploading the file to the system or at a later time.
To see the upload date and description, tap the three dots icon next to the file's name, then select More Info.
To navigate to another folder, tap Your Documents, then select another year.
Uploading a Document
To upload a document to TaxDome:
1. Go to the Documents section, then to the Your Documents subsection, then tap on NEW and choose Upload Files.
2. You will see the tree view of all documents for your account. Tap the document upload button to the right of the TaxDome year folder or subfolder of your choice, then locate the file on your device and select it. See Permitted file types to find out more on file types we allow. With all file types, the maximum upload size is 100 Mb.
3. If a particular year does not appear in the list, it means you hasn’t yet submitted documents for that year. You can add the year by tapping the Add Year link to the right of the location of your choice.
4. Add as many files to different years and folders as you like.
5. Tap UPLOAD to add the document to the system.
Uploading a Zip Archive
To help you upload multiple files quickly, we now let you upload zip archives which contain multiple documents. Please note that our system allows zip files of up to 100 MB.
From the user side, zip files are uploaded just like other files. However, once a zip file has been uploaded, the system will handle it differently:
- The zip file is automatically unzipped.
- File types that are not allowed will not upload.
- Any folders included in your zip file are discarded. You will need to create folders in TaxDome to organize your files.
- The original zip archive you uploaded is deleted.
The end result is the same as if you had uploaded all files found inside the zip archive individually.
Previewing a Document
You can preview your files by using the built-in document viewer. Do this by tapping the document's name. Tap CLOSE to return to your list of files.
Please note: preview is not supported for some file types (e.g. PDF). If preview is unavailable, you'll be offered to download your file instead. You will be able to view it in external application then.
Downloading a Document
You can also download your files directly from TaxDome:
1. Tap the file's name in the document list.
2. Tap the three dots icon at the top right, then select Download.
3. Tap Allow to grant access to the files on your device to TaxDome app (this should be done only once)
4. Select the location where a file will be saved to.
Deleting a Document
To remove a document from TaxDome:
1. Select the checkbox next to the required document(s), tap the three dots icon on the right at the top of the table, then tap Delete Selected.
2. Tap the DELETE button in the Document Delete Confirmation pop-up.
Note: You cannot delete files uploaded by your accountant.
Editing a Document
To edit file info, tap the three dots icon next to the file's name, then select Edit. You can change the file name and the description of the file here. Tap SAVE to save any changes.
Searching a Document
To search for certain documents, type the title or part of the title in the Search field, then tap the enter key on your keyboard.
The document list will be narrowed in accordance with the search term(s) you entered. Tap the cross icon in the Search field to clear the search.
Filters are useful when you need to see documents that meet specific criteria. For example, you can quickly find Microsoft Excel files that were uploaded in 2017.
To filter your list of documents:
1. Tap the FILTER button.
2. Select filtering by Year Uploaded or by File Type. You can select all filters or just some of them.
3. Tap APPLY FILTER.
The list will be narrowed in accordance with the specified parameters.
To clear the applied filters, tap the FILTER button, then select the Reset All link.
Sorting the List of Documents
Sometimes, it is handy to sort the list rather than use filtering. The sorting option can also be used along with the search and filtering functions for even more accuracy.
On your mobile device, you can sort the list by document name. Tap the arrow icon next to the NAME row to sort the list.