Mobile: Paying Your Bills
- Paying Your Bills
- Paying From the Dashboard
- Bills & Payments Section Overview
- Saving and Changing Your Payment Info
Paying Your Bills
You will always get a push notification when the accountant sends you a bill. Tap the notification to get to Bills and Payments section immediately, then follow these steps:
1. Tap the Settle Bills button, then review the information about payment. If you have credits available, they will be deducted from the bill amount.
2. Enter your personal details and your card/bank account details, then proceed with the payment.
Note: all payments are made through a secure payment processing service. We will not store your payment details.
Paying from the Dashboard
The other way to pay your bills is to make a payment directly from the Dashboard, which is the first thing you see after you’ve logged in to TaxDome mobile app. You can also access the dashboard at any time by tapping the burger icon at the top left and selecting Home.
If you have bills due, you will see a notification here.
To pay a bill pending:
1. Tap the notififcation, then review the information about payment. If you have credits available, they will be deducted from the bill amount.
2. Enter your personal details and your card/bank account details, then proceed with the payment. If you have credits available, they will be deducted from the bill amount.
Bills & Payments Section Overview
To get to Bills & Payments section from your Home screen, tap the burger icon at the top left, then select Bills and Payments.
Bills are grouped by year. To see the bills paid during a certain year, tap the specific year in the table. Bill status, description, and amount are displayed on your screen. To see detailed information about a bill, tap the three dots icon next to the bill, then select More Info.
Available information about your bills includes:
- Outstanding balance. Remaining outstanding amount of unpaid bills
- Credits Available. Amount of funds available that can be used to pay bills.
- Status. Bills can be unpaid, paid, or overdue. Paid bills have a green icon, unpaidbills have a brown icon, and overdue bills have a red icon.
- Date posted. Date the bill was issued. Bills are grouped by year.
- Description. Description entered during a bill’s creation.
- Date paid. Date bill was paid (only applicable for paid bills).
- Amount due. Bill amount. You can also see the total amount for all bills issued during the year.
Your amount due is displayed below the bill list. If you have any credits, they are automatically applied. You can pay a bill due directly with your credit card.