How to E-Sign a Contract
A contract, such as an engagement letter or proposal , is used to define the scope of engagement between you and the firm you have chosen. Your accountant creates a custom contract specifically for your situation. Usually, you have to sign the contract electronically before the firm starts to work on your case.
Once you have a pending contract, you will see a notification in the main menu. You will also see a notification on your Dashboard.
In the Contracts tab, you can see which contracts need your attention.
You’ll find the following information about your pending contracts here:
- NAME: The contract’s name.
- DATE: The date the contract was sent to you for e-signing.
- STATUS: If you have already e-signed the contract, the status is SIGNED. If the contract has not yet been e-signed, the status is PENDING.
Sometimes, it's handy to sort the contracts list in order to easily find what you’re looking for. You can sort the list by date created, by its status, or title. Click on the arrow icon next to the appropriate row to sort the list.
E-Signing a Contract
To review and sign a contract, follow these steps:
1. Click on the contract’s name.
2. Review the contents of the contract, click the field at the bottom to e-sign, then enter your name.
3. Click I agree to the terms above checkbox, then click SIGN.
Printing a Contract
You can easily print any contract, whether pending or signed. Click on the name of the contract to open it, then click the Print button at the top right of the page.