Documents Section Overview
The Documents section contains all of the files that have been prepared for you by your accountant(s) as well as any documents that you have uploaded to TaxDome (i.e. the documents that were requested by your accountant, such as W-2 forms, previous returns, etc.). Once you have paid your invoice, you can download all of the documents that have been prepared for you, review them, sign, and either approve or reject them.
Documents section contains two top-level folders with different visibility/permissions:
- Firm docs shared with client: documents that are shared with you by your firm. You can see them, but you can’t delete or manage them.
- Client uploaded documents: documents that were uploaded to TaxDome by you or by your preparer on your behalf. You can delete these or move them to different folders.
From the Documents section you can:
- Upload your documents to the TaxDome system.
- Rename, move, preview, delete, and download your previously uploaded documents.
- Use folders to organize any files that you have sent to your accountant.
- Preview and download documents prepared by your firm.
- Sign documents prepared for you by your accountant.
- Approve documents prepared for you by your accountant.