Client Dashboard & Portal Overview
The dashboard displays everything currently needing your attention—such as unpaid invoices, unseen messages, pending organizers, and unread documents. You also have the option to book appointments, pay bills, upload documents, and send messages to your accountant from here.
From your dashboard, you can immediately get busy...
- Reviewing Your To-Dos
- Performing Quick Actions: Book Appointment, Pay Bill, Send Message, Upload File
- Reviewing Your Balance
- Getting in Touch With Your Accountant
Reviewing Your To-Dos
Once you’re logged into TaxDome, you’ll see your client dashboard. You can also access it at any time by clicking on Home in the left sidebar.
The client dashboard is designed so that you never miss important updates. You’ll receive notifications whenever your preparer or accountant has done something you need to know about, and the dashboard’s To-Do list shows what status those notifications are in—whether you’ve reviewed them or not.
You’ll receive notifications when your tax preparer or accountant...
- ...uploads a document.
- ...asks for a document's approval.
- ...asks you to e-sign a document.
- ...asks you to e-sign a contract.
- ...sends you an organizer to complete.
- ...unsubmits an organizer.
- ...sends a new message.
- ...sends a new invoice.
- ...lets you know an invoice has become overdue.
Notifications are displayed in chronological order, so that the most recent one is on top. Click the notification to navigate to the appropriate section.
Notifications are automatically removed once the action they require is completed: e.g., when you’ve read a message, paid an invoice, viewed uploaded documents, submitted an organizer, etc. As long as you don’t perform the action, the notification stays in place. For example, if you’ve started to fill out an organizer, but haven’t submitted it yet, the notification to complete it will continue to be displayed.
Performing Quick Actions: Book Appointment, Pay Bill, Send Message, Upload File
At the top right of your dashboard, you’ll find several functions for frequently used actions:
- Upload files to upload a document directly from the dashboard. Read more about this here.
- New message to send a message to your accountant. Read more about this here.
- Make prepayment: Enter your personal details and your card information, then continue with making the payment.
- Book appointment. If your firm turned this feature on, you will be able to select a timeslot for a phone call with your accountant.
Reviewing Your Balance
If you have any invoices due, the outstanding balance is displayed on the dashboard. Here, you’ll also see your credits—the money you have available for paying future invoices.
Get in Touch With Your Accountant
Whether you need the firm’s street address, Facebook page, or phone number, you’ll always find those details in the bottom right Contact section of your dashboard.